Automator and Applescript - Organising my music on an external hard drive

Reaction score
I've never really used automator before although i had a look at it and for the most part it seems pretty simple. The problem which presented itself however is that there doesn't appear to be an action to create or move folders under a particular rule like there is with copying and the likes. On iTunes my music is organised nicely, however all the computers in my house are linked to an external hard drive which allows us to play music though speakers in the ceiling (Sonos). Is there some form of script which I could write which would allow me to make this easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What do you mean, do you want one iTunes folder on the remote that all users can access?

OP
K
Reaction score
I would like if possible to have the external hard drive to be organised like my itunes folder however still separate to it. i have worked out how to send the songs over using Automator (obviously i can put them over each time i get new music but i do that too frequently and am sick of it) however this either means that i have them all in different folders for albums (as apposed to artist and then albums) or as individual songs and that's just messy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.