Erasing voice from a song

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows what program and/or method works well for taking the voice out of a song. Thanks for helping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
Check out the iTunes store. They have lots of karaoke versions to popular songs (backing vocals included). I also use this site to buy my backing tracks.
Alternatively you can use midi files... or do what I do and create them :)
What song(s) are you looking for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Keep in mind that the way karaoke filters work is by inverting the phase of one stereo channel then combining both channels into one mono channel. The thing is -- that only works if the voice is mixed in the center of the stereo. If the voice is panned hard-right or hard-left (or is double-tracked with one track panned left and the other right), it won't be that easy...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.