Need assistance with importing photos into iPhoto

Reaction score
I am trying to import photos from my camera in to iphoto. When I click on the iphoto icon, an error message comes up... -10810

What does this mean? Thanks so much!
I'm new to this forum!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
From several places, what I found is that it is a Launch Services error caused by too many processes running.

Some have solved it by just a reboot, at least temporarily. Am thinking I'd give Onyx a try. Go to the Maintenance tab. Under Rebuilding, put a check next to Launch Services and then Execute. Can't hurt anything.

Let us know, have a couple of other things if neither of those work.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice! I can't find the Maintenance Tab in iphoto..
Now when I open iphoto, it will open with no error message, but all of my photos are gone. It's like I'm opening a new iphoto program for the first time! I know my photos aren't lost - I really hope not - I started playing around with the finder and applications and now I think I really messed myself up!

Where should the iphoto icons be? In which folders?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.