Novation Remote 25 problems...

Reaction score
Novation Remote 25 problems...(Now Solved!!!)

Hi all, my first problem (I think) relating to OS X! O:)

I have a Novation Remote 25 which I'm trying to connect to my MBP. Not having any luck so far. Having gone to their website to download the Mac OS USB driver and not finding it for my particular model (which is fairly old), I managed to unearth the CD that came with the Remote which, although it said PC drivers on the CD, actually had Mac OS drivers on it! The driver was in .pkg format, and appeared to work fine, asking to restart etc etc. However, when I tried to use it, it didn't appear to be connected. I checked the Audio MIDI setup app, and it doesn't appear there, and in Reason 4.0, when auto detecting control surfaces, again doesn't appear. I've just checked the System Profiler app, and it does appear under USB, so it has connected, but doesn't appear to any of the relevant programs.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but has anyone used this MIDI controller on a Mac, or can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Being new to Macs, I'm not sure if there's anyway I can check the driver install has actually taken place?

Many thanks

Solution was to go to the Novation website with Safari instead of Firefox, and the driver download magically appeared! Not sure if it was some website maintenance that was the root cause, the site was down earlier today.

Reaction score
I'm a brand spanking new mac user and I've just been trying to do exactly the same thing. Dug out the old dual format install CD, stuck it in my MacBook Pro, no joy.

Also, I've visited the website with both Firefox AND Safari and I can't find the install anywhere!

I've PM'ed you in the hope you can email it to me to get me out of this pickle.

Thanks!

OP
M
Reaction score
no problem. I had to manually add the ReMOTE 25 in reason's preferences pane, but it all works fine now, much to my relief! (brand new mac user too!!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.