mac os x problem on new macbook

Reaction score
Hi help needed! Vasically i've just bought a new macbook and turned it on worked alright. Noticed cds in box for installin mac os x so put 1 in and it sarted an installation process i then found out that this was already installed so stopped. Now this bar keeps popping up telling me:
'The application Spotlight quit unexpectedly.
Mac OS X and other applications are not affected.
Click relaunch to launch the application again. Click report to see more details or send it to Apple''
I've tried clicking all 3 options, ignore, report, relaunch but this bar keeps popping up!
Please help

Reaction score
Sounds like you screwed something up while stopping the installation process of the OS. Just re-install it again. It will feel like a brand new computer once it's complete.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks. I phoned apple and they talked me through a re installation which the computers doing at the moment

R3d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8 Ghz PowerPC G4 (Gigadesing Processor), 1.75GB SDRAM, Pioneer DVD, XFX Nvidia 6200 256mb
For future reference:

-Pop the DVD into the drive (if possible)
-Boot the machine and hold down the "C" key while it boots.

This will load the OS off the CD and from there you can do things like repair the drive, partition, or reinstall the OS if need be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.