How to allocate RAM on Parallels windows

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have a mac notebook which has 2Gb RAM. I installed windows with Parallels software and alloacted 1Gb for Mac OS and 1 GB for windows OS. I want to install virtual PC 2007 in windows OS. Hows is the RAM divided when I am using virtual PC between Mac OS, Windows OS and virtual PC.

Thanks for the replies....

Thanks
Pokiri

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
OS X - 1GB
Windows - 1Gb

Virtual PC will have however much is left from 1GB after running Windows to run with.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I would not recommend "stacking" VMs. Performance will be terrible. Running them in parallel on Parallels would be preferable.

What is it you're looking to accomplish?

Reaction score
I can testify from personal experience that running more than one VM simultaneously on a Mac with only 2 GB of RAM is a bad move - it's slow and can be unstable. Either upgrade the memory to 4 GB (or more) or just run 1 VM at a time along with OSX. VMs are great and flexible but RAM is finite and can only be stretched so far without performance hits.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.