Highlighting links

Reaction score
I'm a few weeks into the world of Apple, so far it's pretty great. Every time I've been disappointed so far about a feature (or lack thereof), I quickly find out there's a solution.
In XP a feature I often used was mousing over a link in a web page and seeing the address it links to displayed. Is there a way in OSX do do this?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Not sure if there is a way for a pop-up style window to do that. Never did like those getting in my way.

If you're using Safari, go to the View menu item and put a check by Show Status Bar - it's added at the bottom of the window. You won't have a pop-up, but it will display the URL of links there.

OP
H
Reaction score
Ok thanks... and while messing around I found another way. If I drag the link away from its location, the url is shown in a box. Then when I release it, it vanishes without going to the link.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.