Problem with iphoto partition

Reaction score
I just switched to an imac about two weeks ago (OOOHHH GOODY GOODY GUMDROPS i'm POSITIVELY TICKLED PINK that they came out with a new version already), but anyway that's not why I'm writing.

I created a partition for all my media (music, pictures, video, etc) then pointed iphoto to the appropriate library for both my wife's and my accounts. It was working fine but now on my account I can't access it anymore. It just hangs. I get the spinning rainbow but nothing works and then it closes the program.

I checked the file info and set the permission for read/write for both me and my wife. Can you guys offer any help?

But for some reason iphoto will recognize both users if I place the library in my shared folders, but that defeats the purpose of creating a media drive.

Please help
Thanks

OP
F
Reaction score
All the views and no respose. Does anyone have anything that could help

Reaction score
I don't have a way to check this at the moment ... but I think you can set the partition up to have permissions ignored. That may help some. Also, if you're using fast user switching and going from one account to the other while you are running apps that can make changes to these common libraries, you might be putting together a recipe for disaster.

OP
F
Reaction score
Why would that be a problem? Neither my nor I would be in iphoto at the same time making changes or updates. Though we may both have it open. I guess that's probably where the disaster part come in right? Something I need to tell wifey to do when she's done making changes. Close the programs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.