• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

After a long time away, I'm back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Well I've been away from this forum for a long long time...so much so I missed it. Missed the assistance I received when I started to use the Mac more than before however still not a complete switcher (using my main PC to type this in) I am still using my Macs.

However the one loopy eMac I had is now been sold, someone needed a power supply to go with their logic board, turns out he used the entire casing, monitor and whatnot and installed his logic board to make one decent working eMac. Now that's recycling ! Was easier to just swap the board in to it.

Still got one eMac and the Mini. Love em both and now run VMWare Fusion on the Mini. It get's looks from my Mac friend when I pop open a window and BAM XP is on the screen hehe. Still doing the bootcamp thing when I want the raw speed but mostly run XP in Fusion, it's a nice package to say the least.

Hopefully in the near future I'll have a nice new iMac to play with here as I am saving up big time for a 24 incher since I'm now spoiled by large displays.

Here's hoping my expperiences can be of help to new people to the Mac world on this forum as I'm now back and ready to help, still don't know it all but with what I do know, I could be considered....dangerous ! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Welcome back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I do not remember you but welcome back. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
Welcome Back :) I have been away a wile too. Nice to meet you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
always good to have more people coming, either coming back or for the first time, welcome back :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB | 8GB iPod Nano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Welcome back, I don't think you were around when I registered.

I've spend a few months away aswell, what can you say when the "real world" calls.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Welcome back, I don't think you were around when I registered.

I've spend a few months away aswell, what can you say when the "real world" calls.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aaahh what happend? I only clicked post once?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.