• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

imac update next week?!?!

J

jbsengineer

imac update has to be soon, :). ibm isn't behind on g5 processors and the imac g5's are now a 7-10 business day wait....

next week????

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
jbsengineer said:
imac update has to be soon, :). ibm isn't behind on g5 processors and the imac g5's are now a 7-10 business day wait....

next week????

Josh

how do u know these things i would love to know where people find out about these things.

OP
T

Tiranis

LOL!!!! I'm gonna die laughing. 7-10 days waiting period is because they are trying to produce sufficient amount of Mac minis. Oh my god, I can't believe people are so desperate that they see clues in everything. And why would they update the best-selling Mac? Would you, please, explain that? Just to satisfy their costumers and lose money? What the ****? There is logic in everything Apple does and they're not going to update product after 6 months just because you want them to.

When did h-e-l.l become bad word? :-/

OP
J

jbsengineer

Tiranis said:
LOL!!!! I'm gonna die laughing. 7-10 days waiting period is because they are trying to produce sufficient amount of Mac minis. Oh my god, I can't believe people are so desperate that they see clues in everything. And why would they update the best-selling Mac? Would you, please, explain that? Just to satisfy their costumers and lose money? What the ****? There is logic in everything Apple does and they're not going to update product after 6 months just because you want them to.

When did h-e-l.l become bad word? :-/

we'll see. i dont care either way. obviously you do.

but a week before the PB's were upgraded the same thing happened....

notice the title of this forum thread. Rumors and Reports.....

Josh

OP
I

iDVFH.

i hope you were being sarcastic when you referred to **** as ****. we all know what that really wass

Reaction score
Usually when these things are said, they are true. Why would they be made up if they didn't hear it from a half as* source? Ex. New PB's....(like already stated)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Besides - the imac uses a G5, why would the mini shortage (G4) effect the G5 imac?

They don't use many of the same parts...??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
no but they still have to make them up if they want anything apart from the standard one. Parts are irrelavant its just about the time for the factory to assemble them

OP
T

Tiranis

Because you know, they have to assemble the computers, like inflexion already stated. And that takes time, especially for non-standard configurations... I don't believe they are going to update iMac now, it's too soon. And it won't bring the sales up.

OP
C

code777

geez, i sure hope they don't upgrade them next week, i just bought a brand new iMac G5 the other day... boohoo! if this happens what do you *think* the specs will be for the "entry level iMac"? 1.6ghz upped to a 1.8ghz? 512 standard? Maybe a better vid card? Price drop of $100?

Darn it! I guess I'll wait and see what happens. I wonder if i would be able to exchange it for the newer version or get a price adjustment from CrapUSA (dear god how i hate that store, they have given me enough greif)!!!

OP
K

kingcrowing2

Well, heres my idea... they upgrade the graphics card now to support core image... so the new imacs come pre-loaded with tiger! :-D just an idea, but i think they will want to upgrade to a 9600 or 9800 for tiger, because you guys are right the imac IS the most popular mac ever, and therfore people are going to want it to support the newest and most powerful OS available, in full... with the current GPU, theres a good chance that the current imacs won't support core image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
All 3 iMacs have the GeForce FX 5200 which fully supports core image[font=Geneva,Arial,Helvetica]
[/font]

OP
K

Kokopelli

This may be stupid so bear with me please.

1) Why would demand for a mini delay the iMac? They would not be running off the same assembly line would they? Nor do they share many common components.

2) If the delay is due to the demand for custom Mac Mini pushing everything back why are stock iMacs not available?

3) Is it not the case that once a product has reached stable production that generally Apple only exhaust stock shortly before an updating a product line?

4) Finally iMacs have not been updated for 6 months or so and across all of the consumer computer product lines the average lifecycle is 6-9 months regardless of popularity.

I am not saying that new iMacs are coming out next week but why are you dismissing the idea merely because the product is popular? By that standard iPods would be taking a lot longer between updates.

Reaction score
I reckon they will come with the new G6 processor that they have been working on and I have also heard that they will be fitted with a slot loading toaster in the side. Super cool man !!!!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't see the iMac line being updated before the PowerMac line. The eMac and the PowerMac lines were updated more than 8 months ago. So they are due for an update.

OP
C

code777

any news to this? i'm curious because i just got a iMac and would be upset if a revamped version came out with better specs lower cost! but the local apple store said they have no idea about an update but they do have minimal models in stock so...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
rman said:
I don't see the iMac line being updated before the PowerMac line. The eMac and the PowerMac lines were updated more than 8 months ago. So they are due for an update.

i dont think the emac will be updated i think it will be pulled

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
No there is no truth to iMac update rumors as of yet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I don't want them to update the iMac! I don't want my computer to be old hat!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.