• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Wired: Ex-Apple employee slams company

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Wired: Ex-Apple employee slams company
September 12, 2003 - 12:43 EDT "On the eve of a big reunion of Apple employees, a former Apple marketing director is blasting his former co-workers for failing to make the company a success," reports Wired News. "In an open letter to the Apple Computer History Weblog, former marketing director [and current PalmSource executive] Michael Mace calls his ex-colleagues 'the Keystone Kops of computing.' He accuses them of 'group stupidity' and says the company was destroyed by a 'diseased and dysfunctional culture.' 'Apple Computer as a whole was a massive failure,' he writes in a post titled 'Who Killed Apple Computer?'"

My Comments: It's interesting.. I wonder if Apple is considered a success now.. or if Apple is still considered dead? I know my personal opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Yeah, well I consider them a success as well.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I guess he has a case of sour grapes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
The above "synopsis" has a much different spin to it than the actual article itself. When taken in context, most of the comments make a good deal of sense. An interesting read.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
It is pretty interesting.. and it does say that Jobs has done a great job with helping the Phoenix along.. so that's kewl.. obviously I didnt read the entire article *bad me!*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.