• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Somone Selling a Mint Apple Lisa on EbAY

Reaction score
Looking on another forum I frequent I found a guy selling a mint (and has box, packing, etc) Apple Lisa on eBay. Even owned by Apple, wish I had the cash for such an item would look good with my old Mac Color Classic II, Duo 2300c, TAM, Apple II, and Apple III and III+, I've always wanted a Lisa but this is just amazing.

Anyone else see this: EBAY LINKY

Soo cool... I wish I had the cash because $5k is a bargin for such a rarity, I bet its not going for more because the economy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, OS X 10.6.6, iPod Classic 160GB, iPhone 4
That looks just like the first computer I ever fooled around on at a friends house, in 7th grade, in 1982! Funny, because I was just watching some old Apple TV commercials on You Tube. Even if you had something like this, what could you do with it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I do think something like that should be bought by a museum, because lets face it there is not many left that are in working condition, and well in like 5 years no one is going to believe that computers used to take up a warehouse sized room. Heh last week in my A+ class my professor pull out a hard drive that was about 20 years old, the sob was big as a students desk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
You actually own an Apple |||!!!

Holy binary Batman! I didn't believe there were any left!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, OS X 10.6.6, iPod Classic 160GB, iPhone 4
Duh, it must have been 1984-85 not 1982. My bad. I just mostly remember the nice green text and wondering what is was actually good for. Double duh!

Hey, I just watched that MacHead documentary on iTunes. I didn't realize that by buying my first iMac in 1999 that I was a part of the revitalization of the Apple name. I feel pretty proud about that now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Oh I'd like to buy that. But with exchange rates as they are, it's I have to pay near double in my local (Australian) currency. Which means anything from the US (Even a new imac) are all on hold for the time being.

Anyways good luck to the lucky (And rich) SOB who gets that.
I do agree some museum should buy it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Hey, I just watched that MacHead documentary on iTunes. I didn't realize that by buying my first iMac in 1999 that I was a part of the revitalization of the Apple name. I feel pretty proud about that now!

After watching this flick, I feel almost embarrassed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Haha look at one of the questions a bidder asked:

Hi, will this run OS X? Does it have wireless?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
that's actually a very rare item, wooow

revitalization of Macs in 99? we got an iMac G3 Graphite sometime around 99 :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That is perhaps one of the most expensive doorstops I've ever seen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
OP
J
Reaction score
Sure, if you don't plug anything into it.

LOL!!

Oddly enough I looked a the auction this morning to see if the price went up or anything, and the seller added something showing his my ebay page and it shows 326 WATCHERS!!! :eek: I've never seen an eBay auction with that many watchers, its CRAZY!

The Australian dollar is half the price of the USD? Man :( That stinks!

Reaction score
crazy................. but brilliant.

i hope the buyer looks after it

OP
J
Reaction score
crazy................. but brilliant.

i hope the buyer looks after it

I sure do too, that thing will only be worth more in the future and even more once they economy gets better. It'd be a shame to lose such a gem as that. I honestly hope a museum buys it. For a museum $5,000 is more then a bargin, its a steal

OP
J
Reaction score
Insanely Brilliant?

That reminds me, how is Steve doing? No news is good news??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.