• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD Studio 4

Reaction score
I am having problems burning my finial DVD project to disk for play on various CPU and DVD’s. The problem I am having is when I click format/build it will go through the muxing and format stages but not the burning stage like the older version of DVD studio pro. It will create a HVDVD TS file of which will only play on My Mac and not other DVD players. I need to burn it to a disk for approval in a cpu, normal, and normal DVD player. The same thing happens as described above when I click Burn. This is just an SD project and I want to burn SD and not HD. The project has been labor intensive. I feel like there is a setting that I have missed somewhere when setting up DVD Studio 4.
Any help in here will greatly be appreciated….I am under the gun on this project and need to find out the problem quick.. Please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I think you have set the DVD Standard to 'SD DVD'. You do that in the 'Project' tab of the preferences window. Unfortunately this change only affects new projects. I don't see a way to change the 'HD DVD' standard back to 'SD DVD' standard. Click on your Inspector button in the project window to see what you have via the General tab.

You may have to mess with the 'General' and 'Encoding' tab also in preferences to fix some messed up setup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.