MS Office for Mac vs Windows

Reaction score
I have a new MacBook Pro and am running MS Office however at work I have a Windows PC and cannot open my Excel docs, is there any way around this besides duel booting my Mac into Windows? What is compatible for both if Office is not?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Check what versions you are using...I have the same set up and have no issues opening in XP. I'm using Office 200 on the MBP.....Seems like ou might just need a plug in to do the conversion....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
if you're using .*x (like .docx, .xlsx etc) you'll need either 2007 for the PC, 2008 for the mac.. or a plug in to read them.. just how it works, has nothing to do with the mac.. you can blame MS for changing formats

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
There is a software called Microsoft Office for Mac. With this, you can create files on you Macbook or PC, then exchange, edit and open them with Microsoft Office on the other OS. I have this installed on my Macbook, and i tell you, it is good! It comes with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MSN Messenger. All compatible with Windows versions!
Good luck on finding something!

Microsoft Office 2008 - Apple Store (U.K.)

Reaction score
As stated before, you're probably saving your files in mac with extensions such as .docx, .xlsx and so on. Then, you're probably trying to open same files over windows, but with an older version of Office for PC.

You have two choices, rather save your files with .doc, .xls over your mac (Saves as), or upgrade your Office suit over the PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Um actually there is a compatiblity patch available from MS. With this patch you can open .docx, .xlsx etc... in MS Office 2003

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.