Fallout 3

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have the new aluminum macbook (circa September/october 2008) and I'm trying to run Fallout 3 on it via parallels. I've seen all over the internet that it works like a charm for everyone who tries to run it on their macbooks. However, when i try to run it, it says "Failed to initialize renderer. Hardware T&L required but not supported by adapter."
Does anybody know how to fix this? I edited my virtual machine to give it more RAM and video card speed, but it till won't run. Can YOU run it (google it) says i cant, but then again it also says i cant run Spore, and that's working fine.
Please help me fix this problem.
-C4B0S3

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Although Parallels and VMWare Fusion have limited support for 3D acceleration, it's not nearly capable enough to run a game like Fallout 3. Your best bet would be to install Windows via Boot Camp and run it directly on the hardware without the abstraction of virtualization.

OP
C
Reaction score
okay.
Does boot camp come with my Mac or would i have to get that seperately?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.