• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Slumdog million NO spoiler

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I just have to say after watching it the first time, I have to say that it is a good movie, but it is very dark and depressing. I can kinda see why it won basically everything it was up for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've been meaning to watch this movie just to see what the hype was all about. I have it on my computer and we were supposed to watch it Wednesday after the midterm, but we ended up watching two other movies. I feel like I'm the only one left who hasn't seen this movie.

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Yeah I know that feeling, the only reason I watched it now is cause I felt like I missed out on a really good movie. And I was right I did miss out on a good movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I feel like I'm the only one left who hasn't seen this movie.
I haven't seen it, either.
However, the reason I haven't is because of the extreme hype about it.

More often than not, when a movie receives a certain degree of inflated hype, the movie is actually closer to the "meh" end of the entertainment scale.
It's like the hype is trying to make up for the fact that the movie is pedestrian at best.

People only say the movie is good because the hype told them it was.

I'm not saying that all over-hyped are complete wastes of time, it's just how the majority of them turn out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.1GHz, 4Gb RAM, 120Gb white
I loved the movie, didn't hear many peoples talk about it before watching and still thought it was great :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.