Powerpoint for Mac printing a large slide

Reaction score
OK guys, probably a silly question. My job needs me to use powerpoint to create a large flowchart. The size of the chart needs to be 55" X 42.5". I can set the page setup to those dimensions and begin laying out the chart. However when I goto print out this flowchart which should be multiple pages, it shows only 1 slide to print.

How do I get around this prob??????

Also I will be doing it on my Mac and have to have it work on their Window based pc.

Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I can't help you with the slide size issue but as long as the Windows machine is using the same (or newer) version of Office you are, you should be fine.

Just to note, Office 2008 (Mac) is the equivalent to Office 2007, much like Office 2004 is the equivalent to Office 2003.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK guys, probably a silly question. My job needs me to use powerpoint to create a large flowchart. The size of the chart needs to be 55" X 42.5". I can set the page setup to those dimensions and begin laying out the chart. However when I goto print out this flowchart which should be multiple pages, it shows only 1 slide to print.

How do I get around this prob?????? Also I will be doing it on my Mac and have to have it work on their Window based pc. Thanks

No problem with it working on your PC as the Powerpoint file format is the same for both Windows and OS X. Just make sure you save in compatibility mode rather than the newer file format. (In case your Win version of Office is an old one.)

As for the document print job, I've had a real headache with non standard page formats in Word as well. Even when using a template I've ruined copies because of print flow. That's with using Office 2008. Office 2007 for Windows works without a hitch.

Best I can suggest is trial and error. Have you tried printing the job even though print preview only shows one page?

Also for expert advice on Mac Office, take a trip to the MS Mac Office forum and see if anyone there can lend a hand. Nice bunch of folks hang out there and they really know their way around Mac Office.

Here's the link.

Just click on Forums and select Powerpoint 2008. No membership required to join in and ask questions.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you cannot solve the problem, save to a PDF from powerpoint, open it up on the PC and set the custom page set-up, even if the PDF has got the size wrong you can print from a PDF to a custom page size and set it to enlarge the scaling to fit the page

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

just got home and have to tackle this tomorrow.

I did some research on my own and it seems that saving it as a pdf may be the best solution.

I had tried printing a test slide that had the dimensions of 55 X 42.5 with text and shapes on it and it would only print out 1 slide, the center portion of the slide representing the 11 X 8.5.

Thanks again.

I will check out MS Mac Office.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.