Updates

Reaction score
Hi Mac Forums,
The computer is a Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad Core
2GB Apple Installed Ram
1x500 GB HDD
3X320 GB HDD
Apple upgraded Graphics Card: ATI x1900xt
2 SuperDrives installed (16X write speed, DVD/CD R/RW)
!!!!!!!!Leopard Installed OSX 10.5.4 and Safari 3.0.4!!!!!!!!!

I have been having problems with "freezing" lately. Sometimes everything freezes, screen, cursor, nothing responds. Other times the cursor will still move but that's all, or sometimes the screen just goes black.

I shut down by using the Power button, and it usually takes 4 or 5 attempts to boot up before the screen lights up, and then it's all OK again. It can happen with any programme or application. (It's a 23" Apple cinema display which is still under warranty.)

My main query is that I downloaded the Safari version 4.0 update but when I came to install it a dialogue box said my operating system was not compatible, I required OSX 10.5 or later.

I then downloaded the OSX 10.5.6 update but when I tried to install it I get the following message. < You cannot install Mac OS X Update on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update>. All 4 hard drives gave the same response.

Can anyone possibly advise? With thanks and regards, Bryan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Before installing Safari 4 beta, you must have previously installed the latest Apple security update. (2009-001) Link

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
re updates

Many thanks for your quick response. Downloaded latest Security update. When I tried to install following message appeared.

You cannot install Security Update 2009-001 on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update.

With regards, Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Download the 10.5.6 combo update. If that's what you already did, you can get the disk images for 10.5.5 and 10.5.6 and download them separately.

OP
B
Reaction score
Many thanks for the info'. I'll give it a try. I only downloaded the update, not the Combo. With regards, Bryan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.