Icons too small

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 MacBook |  MacBook Pro 15" |  iPhone |  iPod Touch
Ok, so I made some pink icons for my wifes MacBook Pro in photoshop and used Candybar to install them. The problem is the icons are way smaller than I want them to be. No matter how big I make them they still appear small on her dock. Any ideas?
Cheers!

Reaction score
The icon size on the dock is controlled by the dock preference. Go to system preference/ use apple menu to open it. There is a slide you can drag to left or right to make it bigger or smaller. It also depends on your screen size and how many dock items you have. The more you have, the smaller the icons will be because they can only fit within the width/height of the screen. In the Finder, if you want to view the icons larger, Control+click the the finder window. A pop-up menu appears. Choose show view options. You can make the icon bigger. You can even change all the view option like bg color, grid size...

OP
DoubleO
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lovebubest -- Thanks for that, all of my other "original" icons are fine. The only problem is with the new "custom" icons that I have made. On the dock they are a good bit smaller than the other icons?

Reaction score
Is the canvas size about the same size as the actual image so that there is minimal empty space?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
do you have Developer tools on the Mac?? you could try Icon Composer to create a Mac icon from your images and then just drag/drop those to the applications?

the Mac .icns format has all the different file sizes stored in it, so that should solve your problem

OP
DoubleO
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for all the help. I finally got it to work. When I made the PNG's too big, they appeared very small on the dock. When I made them to the max size (after research on the topic) of 128x128 then they show at the correct size on the dock. So, lesson learned!
Cheers!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.