newbie keyboard and safari mail question

Reaction score
hi
first off thanks for your very helpful and non threatening forum. i'm the very pleased new owner (48hrs) of a shiny new macbook. other than feeling very awkward with the touchpad i'm doing ok, despite being my first mac and my first laptop.
but the keyboard is a bit of a mystery to me, googled but can't seem to find anywhere that gives me a simple rundown/diagram of keys and functions. anyone know where i might find one?
also can't seem to find mail preferences, all junk seems to hang about in my inbox rather than immediately disappearing off to the folder of junk. surely i don't have to delete each item individually? i've pottered around several places and can't find any howto.

thanks again for all the useful info in my first 48hrs of macdom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Mail's "Preferences", like most other Mac applications, is under the application's menu. Or just press command-comma to get to the preferences. Or just select the whole lot of the "junk" messages and mark them as "junk".

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks
i feel very very stupid as that was really obvious.....but i'm sure as time progresses i'll come up with even more blank moments

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.