Unibody MBP - Vista, unrecognized hardware&drivers

Reaction score
Hello.

For irrelevant reasons I had to reinstall Vista on my Unibody (late 2008) macbook pro.

The 1st installation went fine, as did this one.

However, this time around, after installing bootcamp, the drivers seem to simply not be there. The bootcamp icon is in the taskbar, but the menu only has 3 tabs instead of having the keyboard, trackpad etc.

In device manager, practically every piece of hardware has a ! next to it, and upon inspection it says 'the drivers for this device are not installed.'

Gee, THATS annoying...

Nothing about this installation is different from the last, its exactly the same.

I also tried restoring the mac HD, re-partitioning it and reinstalling again.

I also tried installing XP; exact same issues.

Tried going into the Leopard DVD, and installing the drivers one by one. They either do nothing, turn up an error message, or, in nVidia's case; "no suitable drivers were found for the hardware in your computer" or something to that effect.

Can't go on the internet to try another software update that wasn't ripped from elsewhere; not even a direct ethernet line is recognized as being plugged in - yet alone the wifi.

What the heck is going on? It was fine 2 days ago!

Oh, and the installation of bootcamp throws up no error messages.

Thanks for your time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Don't know what to advise except to start over. Boot the machine to OS X and go into the Boot Camp assistant once more, select create partition, select restore. After your hard drive is once more only OS X, start the entire process over again. Create a new Boot Camp partition and install Windows, etc. Your Leopard DVD for the unibody should contain all necessary drivers for the operation of Windows with your hardware.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

I just went to format, but before deceided to try my brother's disk (same laptop). I tried that instead and all is well now.

Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Great, glad you got it fixed. It is strange though that your Leopard DVD didn't work. Let's hope it was just a temporary glitch. Have fun with Vista.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.