• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

burning dvd-movie with mov/flv files?

Reaction score
Hey guys, :)

I would like to burn some mov. & flv. files to a dvd, that can play on an ordinary dvd-player.

is there an easy way of doing this?
a free burning software for this?

i'm guessing that i need to convert the files to some kind of dvd-readable format?

i don't need any menu etc. just a dvd disc that my grandmother can pop into the dvd-player and press play.

sorry if this has been answered before, tryed searching, but could find anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
I believe that iLife has this app called iDVD, which can just burn a DVD from any video file. It's really nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 4th Generation 2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2048 MB RAM OS X 10.5.7
iDVD cannot burn a movie properly, I've tried like 12 times. I could just be completely stupid with it though.

Reaction score
You can also use MPEG Streamclip (www.squared5.com), available for Mac OS X, to convert the video files to DV files and then import those into iMovie or even iDVD.

Or you can try Burn.

C

chas_m

Toast. Just throw the files into Toast and tell it you want a DVD. It will convert and burn as needed (it will take a while of course).

If you don't have Toast, try to find a copy of VisualHub (discontinued but still works). It will do the job as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Yea Toast will do it, though it doesn't give you that many options if you want to choose what you want to burn from the collection of files. I never knew that VisualHub could do that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.