• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I dont know what to call my blog...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
So I've decided to start writing a blog. Nothing fancy, just one of these blogger ones. I'm in the process of applying to medical school, so am currently going through all the interviews and rejections process that comes with applying to uni. I thought I might join the hundreds of other people who choose to document their experience online in the form of a blog. Only problem is I have no clue what to call it. I'm not a medical student yet, so dont want to sound cocky by implying that i am in the blog title. Possible tips: im a bit of a cynic, im sarcastic, lazy at times (dont worry, im sure i'll make a great doctor :Smirk: ), like having a rant and as im sure you can guess im fairly unimaginative.

So, I thought that this would be a good chance for some people to spread the wings of their imagination and throw out some suggestions as to what i can call my blog?!

Disclaimer: If you have a really good idea i may be forced to steal it. I do not apologise for this :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Call it "The blog".

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Call it "The blog".

haha i like it... but i dont know if its a little too vague

my sister's fiancee came up with "Take a Luke at my life" (my name is Luke). But i thought it was maybe a little too random and not direct enough at what i am going to be talking about.

ideally i want something whitty, possibly ironic and at best an oxymoron

keep thinking Mac men and women of the internet... i know you can help me!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.33GHz C2D, 2GB RAM
How about "The 'I don't know what to call my blog' blog"?

Or if that's too long, just "The Whatchamacallit Blog".

EDIT: Oh, you DON'T want silly. Never mind. :)

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How about "The 'I don't know what to call my blog' blog"?

Or if that's too long, just "The Whatchamacallit Blog".

EDIT: Oh, you DON'T want silly. Never mind. :)

haha, no the second suggestion was good. i edited my previous post. changed silly to random.lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
how about: Lost in reality.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
"Application Prognosis" - Kind of tells you that the blog is about what is to come in your applications plus it uses a term that's used in medicine.

Please, try to hold back the laughs. I have absolutely zero creativity so go easy on that one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Life of the Cynic/Sarcastic

The Cynic/Sarcastic Blog

Welcome to Cynicism/Sarcasm

TheCynicSpot, TheSarcasticSpot

Reaction score
It might help if you first tried to write down what the general theme of your blog might be. Will it just contain anything you are going to write you can think of or will it have to do with comic books, different types of Mexican food or medical stuff, etc? If you have a theme it will help you search for a name and will make the quality (read= likelyhood someone is going to read it more than once) of your blog much bigger.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Chicken Scratch - The epic journey of med school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
Others need not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.