PDA

View Full Version : avi movies

shyless
02-14-2005, 12:22 PM
i have a imac g5 and i thought that i would use limewire to download movies to watch. When i download avi movies, the film comes up and it has no sound but it says their is sound in the movie properties. Yet i cant hear or see the sound levels can anyone help or explain?

Macman
02-14-2005, 12:58 PM
go to versiontracker.com and get mplayer.

Danster
02-14-2005, 01:24 PM
mplayer or real player?

Mr Bobbins
02-14-2005, 03:24 PM
You may also want to try a 'bit torrent' program for downloading movies as bit torrent works good with large files which movies usually are.

Macman
02-14-2005, 06:12 PM
mplayer, real player doesnt play avi's that I know of, ands mplayer is far superior to vlc IMO.

Jordan
02-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Is mplayer the way to go? From the posts om versiontracker it sounds like it is pretty buddy yet. I would like to view avi format video is there any other (free) option for playing avi's that is a bit more stable? Or, is mplayer not that bad afterall?

Thanks,

Jordan

Macman
02-19-2005, 10:38 AM
I notice that Im one of the few that prefers mplayer to vlc(another free media player). so I guess its my opinion, though I can tell you that the few who'vetried vlc and then mplayer because I mentioned it and they thought it sounded good have stuck with mplayer. so I guess its a personal choice and whether or not youre open enough to try something new, though I think the fact that were all using macs instead of windows boxes shows that were open enough. so its up to you, if you feel like it, try it, if not, dont. I suggest at least trying it, or youll never know theres a difference.:mac: