New mac msn virus?

Reaction score
I have had my mac for a week now. Now since yesterday my friends on my msn list are saying they are recieving offline messages from me telling them to click on links. Now i am worried there is something wrong with my mac. I use windows version of msn for mac.

Reaction score
I have had my mac for a week now. Now since yesterday my friends on my msn list are saying they are recieving offline messages from me telling them to click on links. Now i am worried there is something wrong with my mac. I use windows version of msn for mac.
Change your MSN password, that will do it. I dont think that your Mac was hacked but I think that you also clicked and a link that points to a page prompting you for your msn address + password and you entered it. So technically, there is no hack at all. You just gave your password to a ad site.

Tex

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks i changed the password now. But dont remember going on any sites asking for my password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Thanks i changed the password now. But dont remember going on any sites asking for my password.

That's exactly how they work, and end up tricking people.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.