• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How much do you love your Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the least. Mine is like a 9. Seriously, after using it for more than a year, I've almost close to zero problems with it, unlike my old PC which gave me endless headaches. With my iMac, I'm able to forget my worries about using my credit card to pay for stuff online, need not fear viruses, and I've more time to truly explore the software and enjoy things that I really enjoy.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Ugh... not another one of these threads. And we wonder why we get so many trolls on forums like this.

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What! I'm not a troll.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What! I'm not a troll.
And nobody said that you were.

I think what cwa107 meant was, that threads like this one... the sort that invite people to gush on and on how 'great' Macs are and how people love them oh-so-much... have a tendency to attract outsiders to come and troll about.

They usually end up becoming a Windows vs. Macintosh thread... and those never end pretty.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
And nobody said that you were.

I think what cwa107 meant was, that threads like this one... the sort that invite people to gush on and on how 'great' Macs are and how people love them oh-so-much... have a tendency to attract outsiders to come and troll about.

They usually end up becoming a Windows vs. Macintosh thread... and those never end pretty.

Exactly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I totally agree. I am both a mac and Pc user. I use both of them for certain things. Mac is a more comfortable platform for me. PC is just another OS that gets the job done. I think that it all really comes down to the type of user you are. I know that the average end user of the PC gets frustrated. If you are a little more educated on how to take care of Viruses, Malware etc.
I prevent things before they happen on the PC. But guys. Lets not make this a Mac vs. PC forum and lets all share our great experiences with our Mac's instead. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I like grilled cheese sandwiches when it's cold out. When I'm freezing, it's way better than a stupid Mac. LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I like grilled cheese sandwiches when it's cold out. When I'm freezing, it's way better than a stupid Mac. LOL

Hey, if you get the right Mac, you could make grilled cheese sandwiches ON it. You'll be sure to love your Mac then ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Hey, if you get the right Mac, you could make grilled cheese sandwiches ON it. You'll be sure to love your Mac then ;P

Yea, Some of them get pretty smokin' hot!!
My Uncle cooked an egg on an old PC before.

Reaction score
My MacBook get a solid 9. I've had no issues with it. It's been a great machine. I use it more than any other computer I have.

My iMac gets a 4. I don't like the LCD because the viewing angle is sub par for a computer that costs this much. I'm also having kernel panic problems, which is giving me headaches. At this point it's pretty much useless.

Overall, I much prefer OSX over anything else I've used. My work PC is bloated rubbish, but I've had PCs that were great and very reliable. Whatever gets the job done with the least amount of stress will be my "go to" machine.

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had my fair share of good PCs that runs well, but I'm just expressing my opinion towards the use of my iMac for a year and a half. So ya.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I use mac, xp, vista, windows server 2008, and ubuntu daily, I like points of all of them not just one alone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, OS X 10.6.6, iPod Classic 160GB, iPhone 4
I love my Mac but be truthful I have no idea what the headaches are like using a PC because I've never used a PC other than when I visit my folks who unfortunately have a Dell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
I'd probably go for a 9. I like to write, and I use an application called Scrivener to do it. As it is only made for the Macintosh platform, this is why I'm so attached to my groovy eMac. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Reaction score
My Macbook Pro is about a 5. It's a nice machine, but I simply have no real use for it. I bought it on a whim because I thought it might be cool, but I already have a Windows desktop and two Windows laptops so the MBP doesn't get much face time. Today was the first day I've fired it up in a couple of weeks, and that was mainly to get the latest updates and copy a couple of mp3's to my iPod.

I already know what you're going to ask. The answer is no.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
iMac a 9 (sold), MacBook an 8 (sold), MacBook Pro 15 a 9 (sold), new MacBook Pro 17 is a 10!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Right now, I give my Mac Pro a 6. Why?
Final Cut Pro crashed on me in the middle of a pretty big render. I had to re-do the entire sequence (thankfully it was only about a minute long in the timeline).
But then again, I'm not sure if that is the fault of the machine or software.
Either way, Macs do crash.
Just felt like I'd clarify on that 'myth' that Mac's don't crash and 'they just work.'

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.