MAC-rar problem

D

Divine Necro

I have some .rar files that need extracting and downloaded "mac-rar" to do so. But whenever I try to extract the files i get an error message saying "could not find the translation for the files" does anyone know how to fix this? or have any tips or hints on extracting .rar files on macs? ty

OP
N

nbn22385

Stuffit expander (which comes standard on relatively new macs) can expand .rar files.

OP
D

Divine Necro

o

nbn22385 said:
Stuffit expander (which comes standard on relatively new macs) can expand .rar files.

I have Stuffit expander, but still get an error message when trying to extract the file. or more specificly it says "An error has occured while expanding the file (error code). Error #17538" when i look at the info on it it says its a "RAR Archive" file. Is there pherhaps a way to convert .rar into .zip or something?

OP
D

Divine Necro

yay

nevermind, i fixed it. *^_^* I found a program called "UnrarX" and it extracted the files perfectly ty for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.