Mac Accessories

Reaction score
I just got my macbook last friday and this is the second one as the first macbook which i had, had a faulty cdrom. Nevertheless, they replace another brand new one in just 2 days.

The macbook really looks nice and because of that I have to be delicate with it and I am thinking of getting a keyboard protector and full screen protector.
Can anyone recommend me if there is a cheap ones which i can purchase online? In singapore, the price for the keyboard protector is about $17 and the screen protector is about $59.

I am also looking forward to purchase an anti-virus for macbook where they have 3 license for it. It's good because I have 2 desktop which is IBM and a Dell. I hope mc afee has for mac book as well.

Is there a kind soul to give me some advice on this?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Is there a Radioshack near you? I find they sell great hardware protective devices, good prices too. You can probably get the whole kit for under $70.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Keith,
I dont think there is a Radioshack in Singapore. Is Radioshack in the US or Europe?

Is there a Radioshack near you? I find they sell great hardware protective devices, good prices too. You can probably get the whole kit for under $70.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I am also looking forward to purchase an anti-virus for macbook where they have 3 license for it. It's good because I have 2 desktop which is IBM and a Dell. I hope mc afee has for mac book as well.

There is no need for an anti-virus product as there are no true viruses for Mac OS X. There are a few trojans, but they can be easily avoided just by being judicious about what software you download (particularly if you're prompted for your admin password during installation).

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks cwa107,

I really appreciate it. :)

There is no need for an anti-virus product as there are no true viruses for Mac OS X. There are a few trojans, but they can be easily avoided just by being judicious about what software you download (particularly if you're prompted for your admin password during installation).

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And there is no reason to be paying for anti-virus on a Win system either. Try AVG free or Avast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Hi. I'm from Singapore too. I'm not too sure about the accessories, but your best bet would probably be those mac accessories store at Sim Lim.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks calenerd,

I was at jurong point for lunch just awhile ago and i visited a mac shop and they are selling keyboard protector for $29 sing dollars, mouse pad protector for $25 and 13.3 inch screen protector for $59. I also asked them if they can fix for me the screen protector and the shop rep said that they wont be able to do it anymore as a lot of customers are not happy because the screen protector has bubbles in it when they do it for them. I am now skeptical about putting it myself. They have been doing it and still receives complain.
hmmmm...

I will check out at sim lim. Thanks dude.

Hi. I'm from Singapore too. I'm not too sure about the accessories, but your best bet would probably be those mac accessories store at Sim Lim.

OP
S
Reaction score
I finally managed to buy the screen protector, touch pad protector and keyboard skins for macbook. alltogether it cost me about $82.35 Singapore dollars. Thanks to you guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.