FLASH: animated drawing line?

M

mkwick

Hello, I have just started playing with flash mx 2004, I wanted to figure out how to immitate the effect of a line tracing over an object. Like a drawing happening "in time"

Any tips? Is it with layers, say for instance I have a erased area on an image, and then a dark shape moves behind the first layer, making it appear to be drawn in?

Any help from flash gurus would be much appreciated!

thnx-m3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
masking, actionscript may also be needed depending on how advanced you want to get.

OP
V

vtupser

All you need to do is do frame by frame animation. In the last frame of the total animation, make sure the whole object is outlined. Copy that frame and paste in frame before that. Erase part of the outline, then copy that frame and paste in frame before that. Erase some more of that outline then copy that frame and paste in frame before that. Keep doing this until you dont have anything left, you are basically working backwards. If you did it correctly, it should all blend into what appears to be an object being outlined.

Reaction score
All you need to do is do frame by frame animation. In the last frame of the total animation, make sure the whole object is outlined. Copy that frame and paste in frame before that. Erase part of the outline, then copy that frame and paste in frame before that. Erase some more of that outline then copy that frame and paste in frame before that. Keep doing this until you dont have anything left, you are basically working backwards. If you did it correctly, it should all blend into what appears to be an object being outlined.

I preface this by saying that I don't even own a Mac. I just registered for this forum to reply to this post.

You, sir or madam, are a genius!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.