Sophos for mac

Reaction score
Hello
Firstly i'll say that i know i don't NEED virus protection,

BUT i can get a free copy(and updates) of Sophos anti-virus from my uni and thought it would be good to protect PC users on my network or who i swap files with.

My question is: will there be any system slowdown, or other adverse affects of installing it on my system. I've heard Norton for Mac is more hassle than it's worth so what about Sophos? I've used it on PC successfully so can't think it would be anyworse

Thanks
M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
My school uses sophos. It doesn't slow down the system at all but I find it pretty pointless.

OP
mig.gentry
Reaction score
pointless? what do you mean?
All i really wanna do is the occasional search to make sure i'm not infected with anything i may pass on. i know i'm safe but like ot be considerate towards my PC friends

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I don't find the functionality of sophos to be all that great. Their aren't too many options in the way of scanning is concerned, and also most of the viruses that you would pass on to pc friends require you to save them to the computer, nothing is automatically saving itself and passing it on

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.