My Personal Logo

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm taking one class this semester of graphics art design, which is my first. I'm just taking one design class a semester, because it's not my major. I'm learning my way around Illustrator CS, at first, I didn't like it, because I could do the same stuff in Photoshop CS, but a lot easier. But now I see how powerful Illustrator CS really is, so I love it now. As an assignment, we had to create a personal logo, which would be used adjacent with our business card, envelope and letterhead. I already turned it in for a grade, but wanted to know what you guys thought of my logo.

Does anyone know of any good Illustrator CS tutorials to make amazing looking things? I'm not exactly looking for one of those tutorials that tell you how to make a triangle or show you around the program. I just want more ideas for upcoming assignment, so I can stay ahead of the game.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I think the teacher, may think it looks to close to the Chyrsler (sp) logo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
its nice, you need to practice the pen tool and the path on the upper areas of the wing is sorta off. you also might try a gradient mesh in a few places.
if you need help, Im really good at illustrator, I tutor students and teachers at my school.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Many Thanks for the tutorials rberry88, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Well, my professor okayed my sketch, so I'm not sure, if that is the case involving the similarity between my logo and the Chrysler logo.

For the wings, I was debating whether to do something with the upper part of the wings, but I just decided that I wanted the upper part to stand out more, but I guess it did, since you mention it Macman. The Pen Tool was such "b" at the beginning, but I got the hang of it, and now I love it. In Photoshop, I always had to do the Magic Tool, because I just could not figure the thing out, but all is good now with the Pen Tool. Tell me more about the gradient mesh, I'm open for suggest on how to do these things better or anything else.

I'm also wondering, if anybody has tutorials that come even close on how to make some of these logos. They're amazing! They said they do make their logos using vector format.

Here's the website:
http://www.pixellogo.com/logo-design-logofx.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That would be great to make a vector thread. You don't have to do it right away, if you're busy. Only because I know it takes time to save the images to jpg, if they have yet to be made. The toucan and the tulip look very nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.