iwork screenshots...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
thought Id post some screenshots and thoughts on the iwork softwares.
for those who liked keynote 1, keynote has vast improvements from better menus and palettes to improved media handling/scaling. The toolbar also has some additions like group and ungroup and send to front or back to
your items. Keynote 2 is great.:mac:

kn1.jpg

kn4.jpg

The inspector palette/window is also better, allowing you to apply text styles across an entire document almost like a style sheet or to single slides, more transitions, better audio/video/flash support, you can add an audio track across the whole doc or just to one slide, or both, total freedom.
kn2.jpg

kn3.jpg

I havent used pages as much as keynote, but its very good so far, full M$ office compatibility all the way, charts, images, graphs, etc, no problems yet. its user interface is a lot like keynote 2's, it has lots of templates to choose from, easy to navigate in, same inspector palette as in many apple apps.
pages1.jpg

its almost like building a web page without code, just drag things to where you want them.
pages2.jpg

including a strong text layout features to change everything from font style and color to kerning and leading.
pages3.jpg

Overall, its pretty cool.

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
these images are huge, should I resize them?

J

Jason

Good post! I've been wondering if I should get iWork or not. Looks like a nice suite :D

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool/ also forgot to mention a help[ful tip, if youre inserting a file from illustrator or photoshop and dont want a background, or are using transparency, it has to be a pdf or it wont work correctly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
tiger?

i am thinking about getting iwork. do you think that it will be part of tiger or sold seperatly? Cause i would rather just wait and buy tiger then buy both.

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
itll come with new macs, but most likely wont come with retail versions of tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple iMAC Core Duo (20"/1gb/250/SD/BT/AP)
Apple should include iWork with Tiger!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple iMAC Core Duo (20"/1gb/250/SD/BT/AP)
I think if they did that, then more people would try it... Maybe they could load a trial verison...

J

Jefe3223

This has been very helpful. I didn't know a lot about keynote and pages (since I don't use them, but I've looked at it). I liked seeing what I can do besides just hearing it. Thanks man.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.