Help hanging macbook

Reaction score
My hard drive died so had a new one put in. all software re-installed, however now when i try to play videos or music off my hardrive using itunes or realpalyer the computer hangs for a few secords at random intervals and the CPU usages drops off it then starts to work again. any ideas? if i run the same media off of my external drive it runs fine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How much system memory do you have? How much hard drive space is remaining on your internal drive?

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
2 gig ram and about 100 gig hard drive space, this is the thing i have nothing apart from a few gig of music and songs after the re-install...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's plenty of memory and hard drive space - you shouldn't be experiencing a delay. And since everything seems to run fine from your external drive, that might indicate a problem with the new internal drive. What kind of drive did you replace the original with? Specs?

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.