Just switched, question about limewire

M

mojo17

I have installed limewire, but when I click it to run it bounces on the dock and disappers after a couple seconds. Any ideas?

OP
Q

Qaxpla

This isn't really going to help your problem, however, in some respects it's more useful! There are other apps out there which, in my opinion, are much better than limewire. In particular, Acquisition - www.acquisitionx.com. I used that one instead of limewire and I am very happy with it as to date!!

It appears though that the software itself is malfunctioning (if you like)...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i have limewire too, but i like it and i had something similar happen to me. did a question mark appear when you clicked it? if so, then remove the the icon. then navigate to the application icon in the applications folder, and then drag and drop the icon into the bar. that will place a shortcut to the application in the bar. if you drag and dropped the shortcut that was placed on your desktop to the bar, the question mark will appear because something has changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
That Acquisition program has gorgeous UI. It almost makes me regret not illegally downloading things anymore.

OP
N

nbn22385

if you're still looking for [free] alternatives, try xfactor or poisoned.

OP
C

chinolofus

my mac has been dead for a yr and i switched to pc (gasp) so i dont know if its available for mac but im sure it is....try bittorent its way better than p2p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.