Issue with copying from external

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.83Ghz Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, running 10.6.1
Hi Guys,

Just got my mini and am so far really enjoying, I have two snags though. I copied one folder from my external to the desktop in that folder is 4 folders, documents, music, photos, video. The folders show a lock icon so I right clicked and looked at permissions I have read/write access why would it show locked?

Secondly I'm trying to drag and drop files from my temp folder to the docs, music, photos, etc folder in my home folder and instead of just moving it's copying the items is that normal? I even try cut and paste but that didn't work either.

Thanks guys,
Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yes, to move hold the cmd key down when you drag/drop.. locked is a secondary ACL set, separate from the usual BSD perms

OP
Big Dan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.83Ghz Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, running 10.6.1
Thanks Mike it turned out to be a permissions problem because the source drive is NTFS. A friend used log me in and showed me batchmod, that's an awesome little script.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.