Mac & Windows NAS Drive help

Reaction score
I have two laptops - a new Macbook Pro and a Dell w/Xp Pro. I want to setup a network drive that will enable me to back-up both laptops as well as back-up the network drives themselves. Raid 1, I guess? I want to be able to store all of my music and pictures as well as other files I won't need on the go, on the NAS as well. I see a lot of threads with people using the D-Link 323. Will this do the job? It seems to be the way to go but I'm a little confused on how you set-up and format the drives for this set-up and what software to use for the laptop back-ups to the NAS. I've seen mention of SuperDuper, but doesn't that requires the NAS to be formatted for Mac? And what do you use to back-up the Windows pc?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

And bear with me, I know enough to be dangerous!! :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
there's no need to format the NAS for either OS. The sharing protocols used handle the transaction and the NAS itself performs the right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.