• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Buying a house...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Just want to say that buying a house is the most difficult, frustrating thing I have ever been through. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
getting a little off topic.....

did you ever edit that footage of the video you took of the places?

OP
Emrys
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We got so caught up in things we didn't take any video. When I go to get the inspection I will be sure to bring the camera... I have some stills of the area. So, maybe I can get those edited and posted.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I truly can relate on buying a house, my experience was not the best either.

OP
Emrys
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Things just got better. Seems you REALLY need the right lender. I went from almost killing my girlfriend to normal after one phone call with a "real" lender. Just cause Internet banks are cheap, and say they can offer you a lot, doesn't mean they will or actually can.

K

Kiwi

Emrys good to hear that things are getting better. I had no problem finding a house, saw it on the first day and fell in love with it. The only probem was that I had no money :) Luckily my Aunt gave me a loan interest free.

OP
Emrys
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How do I get in touch with your aunt? :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Reaction score
House purchase

Just want to say that buying a house is the most difficult, frustrating thing I have ever been through. Thanks
It is so to suite the endeavours & incomes of R.E.agents, brokers, & greedy owners.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
It is so to suite the endeavours & incomes of R.E.agents, brokers, & greedy owners.

Hey Nitfie - probably will not get much attention replying to a 13 y/o thread, especially after the events described below in the middle of the last decade - ;) Dave
The United States housing bubble was an economic bubble affecting many parts of the United States housing market in over half of American states. Housing prices peaked in early 2006, started to decline in 2006 and 2007, and reached new lows in 2012.[2] On December 30, 2008, the Case-Shiller home price index reported its largest price drop in its history.[3] The credit crisis resulting from the bursting of the housing bubble is—according to general consensus—the primary cause of the 2007–2009 recession in the United States. (Source)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Just wait until you buy long term care insurance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.