Windows wifi airport help

Reaction score
I installed windows xp sp2 on my macbook. Windows runs fine and I have no problems with that... but I am having trouble connecting to the internet. When I try to set up a wireless connection I cant find were to connect. I am used to just clicking on the airport and having it search for connections. I my roomate has the wireless router in his room and I have no problem picking it up in os x its just i cant set the thing up in windows... and suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, I have been through that several times. I do not want to set up a new connection via ethernet cable. I want my built in wireless card to pick up the signal from my router (like it automatically does in os x). I am very unsure about my windows skills but in theory there should be an icon to click that searches for wifi networks. I have also tried to connect my ethernet cable directly into my laptop, just to see if I could connect, but it wont even recognize it when I put it in. It also shows in my network place that I have a connection to something, as soon as i boot up I am connected to something but am unable to open explorer.

OP
S
Reaction score
So with more research I think I know what is going on. WIndows would recognize me usb hard drive but I could not install it as did it recognize all my hardware, I never installed my drivers because I have 10.5 which apparently it does that for you. But why would none of my hardware work? also If i need to backup my drivers how do I do so? I do not have my apple disc because I am 200 miles away at college... wow all this work just so I can play diablo ii on my macbook

Reaction score
simpkw,
Have you found a solution to this? I am having the same exact problem as you. I have tried Windows connection wizard-doesn't work. I have tried connecting with my ethernet cable too-no go. I also show in my netowrk place that I have a connection going, but cannot get on the internet.

Can anyone help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.