InfoWorld CTO switches to Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

InfoWorld CTO switches to Mac
September 9, 2003 - 14:42 EDT Chad*Dickerson, InfoWorld's Chief Technology Officer (CTO), has made the switch (dead link removed) to a Mac at home: "I used the Mac running OS X to replace a PC client and Linux server; the level of functionality was raised; and I did more with less. All the GNU and Unix tools I’ve used for years were right there in OS X: ps (process status), rsync, top, SSH (secure shell), Apache, Samba, and various Unix shells. I was able to access Windows file systems, and I easily shared Mac files to the Windows machine on my network via Samba, the open source file-sharing stalwart. I hardly struggled even for a second."

My Comments: Wahoo! Uh huh, uh huh.. another one joins us! :)

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
InfoWorld: Mac OS X is enterprise-worthy

This is a follow up on the above news article:

Source: MacMinute.com

InfoWorld: Mac OS X is enterprise-worthy
eptember 13, 2003 - 18:32 EDT "After a couple of weeks with the Mac and OS X, I'm pretty close to being a convert," writes InfoWorld CTO Chad Dickerson. "As I said last week, I'm not ready to do a mass migration at InfoWorld, but OS X is definitely on my enterprise radar now... (dead link removed) The 'it just works' quality of Mac OS X also saves a lot of time and frustration -- what your pro-Mac friends and colleagues have been telling you is definitely true... With decimated IT staffs getting slammed from without (Sobig.F) and within (frustrated end-users), something that just works is downright refreshing."

My Comments:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.