Hi all newbie with a question already

Reaction score
Hi names colin and just bought my first imac, i run a car forum and need to copy pictures into it from other sources/sites, now with my old microsoft system i could right click on the picture , copy the properties of the picture and copy it into my site. This im unable to do with the imac mouse. My question is how do i do what i was able to do before with my new system? thanks
colin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Do you mean you want to copy the image location?

If so, right click on image (Or control click if you don't have right clicking enabled) and select Copy Image Address.

OR is your question how to enable right clicking?

Not sure if it is enabled by default on an iMac, assuming it isn't you'd go to Apple menu, click System Preferences and then Keyboard & Mouse and there should be a check box to enable the right click.

Snapshot 2009-01-31 20-50-17.png

OP
C
Reaction score
Do you mean you want to copy the image location?

If so, right click on image (Or control click if you don't have right clicking enabled) and select Copy Image Address.

OR is your question how to enable right clicking?

Not sure if it is enabled by default on an iMac, assuming it isn't you'd go to Apple menu, click System Preferences and then Keyboard & Mouse and there should be a check box to enable the right click.

Hi many thanks for the reply, dont seem to have the check box to enable right click maybe im looking in the wrong place you can tell im new to all this. Any other help gratefully received thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this a brand new iMac with 10.5 Leopard? What mouse are you using? The one that came with the iMac? If so you do what RNDave said and in System Preferences click Keyboard and Mouse then the Mouse tab. You should see a pic of the mouse with the buttons. For the Right side set it to Secondary Button.

Picture 1.jpg

OP
C
Reaction score
Is this a brand new iMac with 10.5 Leopard? What mouse are you using? The one that came with the iMac? If so you do what RNDave said and in System Preferences click Keyboard and Mouse then the Mouse tab. You should see a pic of the mouse with the buttons. For the Right side set it to Secondary Button.
Thanks for the reply yes its a new one and using the mouse that came with it.I will give it a go thanks
colin

OP
C
Reaction score
Right i have set up the mouse as per the above picture. now when i go to copy the picture into a thread on my forum using the copy image address (img-img) all i get is a dead link. Now if i right click on the picture and paste it straight into the thread on the forum i get just the link?? which when clicked on shows the picture?? Im confused now its been a long day. :( :( :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Blue Hardshell Case
Hi names colin and just bought my first imac, i run a car forum and need to copy pictures into it from other sources/sites, now with my old microsoft system i could right click on the picture , copy the properties of the picture and copy it into my site. This im unable to do with the imac mouse. My question is how do i do what i was able to do before with my new system? thanks
colin

Hey, um sorry I can't really answer your question about the img-img problem, but I love cars and I was just curious about your site... is it a general car forum? what is it called?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.