Powering Down Times Have Increased. Why?

Reaction score
Normally when I shut power off my MacBook Pro, it takes about 4-5 seconds and then its off. Since I installed VMware Fusion yesterday, it takes about 1 minute to power off. What is going on? I read somewhere that when you quit a virtual machine you need to choose "kill all" to stop any background processes. How do I do this or is this just normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It looks like the increased time is due to the fact that you are shutting down Windows, then the mac will shut down any open apps, including Fusion, then shutdown OS X

Try shutting down without fusion running, to see how long that takes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Does the same to me when i have weather bug on?

OP
S
Reaction score
When I get finished using Windows, I "Suspend" Windows, then right click on the VMware icon on the dock and select "Quit". Is this the right way to quit VMware. Are there still background processes running even though I "quit" VMware?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Most applications if they are kept open or running will increase the shut down time dramatically. Just make sure everything you have used is closed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
Don't suspend windows. Actually goto the start button and shut down 'the computer' once that happens you just close vmware and your good to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.