• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Express capture problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2GHz Intel Core Duo
I have started capturing footage recorded by a Sony DSR-PDX10. I'm getting this message after each capture:

The audio sample rate of one or more of your captured files does not match the sample rate on your source tape. This may cause the video and audio files to be out of sync. Make sure the audio sample rate of your capture preset matches the sample rate of your tape.

How can I solve this problem? I know this isn't a Final Cut Express support/discussion forum, but I can't get logged in to one of those Apple forums although I have created an Apple ID. I also need another forum to find out how one can get logged in to an Apple forum, I suppose! I'm kind of getting upset, spending more time on the Internet then what I actually need doing. How I miss the times where I used to edit using actual film footage and sound transferred on magnetic tape with a good old Steenbeck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
Setup settings on FCE

Click on Final cut express and select easy set up.
I'am guessing your capturing settings need adjustment.
from 32 to 48 or viceversa.
I hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (late 2008), OS 10.6.2, FCE 4.0.1, CS 1
Karl:

Create a new sequence and capture the new video into the new one. Export the new sequence to Quick Time and save it somewhere convenient. Import the new QT into the original sequence.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.