slow internet [edited title]

Reaction score
ok i am not sure if there is something wrong or not.. but

my internet is REALLLY slow. the internet on my mom's PC desktop is faster and when my friend brings his blackboook over it's quite speedy too, i have a white 13in and it's slow beyond all. i'm running tiger and don't have much ram or anything in here.. i have like 90 gigs of space that is free so i don't see that as being a problem..

could it be going to slow because of heating, my low ram, or what could be causing this..

it's just websites that run slow, especially youtube.. (takes like 1hr to load a 3 min song -.-")

Reaction score
could it be going to slow because of heating, my low ram, or what could be causing this..

it's just websites that run slow, especially youtube.. (takes like 1hr to load a 3 min song -.-")
Hi,
I dont think the ram or heat are the problem. Which browser do you use ? try a different one such as Firefox or Safari or any otherone.

Btw, the title of your post is not very relevant. Could you please change it ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
1st - try resetting your safari browser, clearing all your history, restart you modem and router. this will start you off fresh.

2nd - what type of router do you have? do you have cable modem or DSL? Whats the speed of service?

3rd - if your still having issues after the 1st problem, try re setting up your wireless network, change the network name and channel it is connected to. plus ensure the settings say simulcast or multistream and they are enabled. this could slow down the network speed.

PM me and i can walk you through some more stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.