arrghh flamin Mac!!

Reaction score
grrrr!!! love the thing but its so hard to understand! (Im female N blonde! ;D )

I love using front row on this, and have yet to use Idvd? Whatever this is, I went to use them both yesterday but they wont open?
the opening page kind of flickers open then shuts, and nothing happens.

Also Im unable to download anything off net, as when I do it just opens a box on the screen (not via net) with a load gobblky gook on it!

I have found a windows installation disk from my PC, and went to install boot camp to be read somewere that running vista wont work on a ibook g4?!

can anyone help on any of the above before I sell up an go back to a PC!

(PS I dont know if this is of any help but a copy of the leopard disk came with the laptop? I dont know anything about system restore with these things!)

Huge thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
- Boot camp will not run on an iBook (wrong processor type), only on newer intel Macs.

- Define "gobblky gook".

- Front row works?

OP
L
Reaction score
Ok cool for first bit!! Annoyed a tad now but anyhoos!

gobbilky gook, ie a window comes up with loads strange writing and what looks like codes? I dont know how to print screen!

front row doesnt work, when I double click the application it doesnt do anything, when I double click idvd it pops up then fades away faster then it came up then it does nothing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Does the drive in your G4 support DVDs? I know some PB G4s only had CD drives possibly. As for the gobbilty gook, are you downloading Windows EXEs? If so, Windows executables will not work on a Mac, you have to use a Mac version of the software.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think we're going to need a bit more info if we can properly help. How often do you update your computer? I'm not too familiar with G4 computers and the errors they have, only Intel. Unfortunately, Since iBooks have a different processor Tiger can have problems with random closings of programs from time to time.

You won't be able to use BootCamp so you may have to get a new Macbook, or just one of the cheaper refurbished ones, to run Windows Vista like you want. See if you can find a Blackbook 2.2Ghz for under $1,000. It just sounds like there are bugs in your applications.

OP
L
Reaction score
hi
thanks for info, my hubby has been messin with comp, and managed to wipe a lot of stuff, clever clogs then decided to put in lepoard disk, 3 hours later resulting in my losing around 2000 photos, 26 albums, and godknows what else! I no longer have Iphoto, is this something I can download?

OP
L
Reaction score
oh and now my trackpad mouse thingy isnt workin OMG im gggggrrrrrrrrrrr (I just pinched his pc mouse! tough!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
front row doesnt work, when I double click the application it doesnt do anything, when I double click idvd it pops up then fades away faster then it came up then it does nothing!

My iDVD does this too, its just bugs in the program. Re-installing should fix any problems (assuming you have the iLife install disk?)

and to take a screenshot of the desktop, press shift-command-3
if you press shift-command-4, a cursor that looks like a target will appear. Click and drag around the window then release the mouse, and that will save a picture to your desktop called picture1.png.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
that gobblky gook sounds like a Kernel Panic?

is it a gray box that has like 5 different languages and you can't do anything unless you restart your computer?

OP
L
Reaction score
that gobblky gook sounds like a Kernel Panic?

is it a gray box that has like 5 different languages and you can't do anything unless you restart your computer?

yey someone who understands thats about right!!!

Stil trying to work out how to download Iphoto? (this is a refurb mac g4 which came with it installed so have no disk!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
You can't download iPhoto. It is commercial software that is only available on a disk which you order online or buy in a store. If it was installed on your computer and you deleted it, and don't have the disk, you are out of luck unfortunately.

When you try to download something, does it open a new browser window with a lot of nonsense in it? Sometimes you need to right click (control-click) on a link and select Download Linked File in order to get it to download seperately. This sometimes happens to me with certain kinds of archives. If you are trying to download Windows software, as someone else said, it will not work on your iBook. You will need to find a Mac version or alternative.

As far as I know Front Row does not work on old Macs that did not come with a Front Row remote. The remote itself is not the reason it won't work, but if your computer came with a remote it will work with Front Row for sure. iBooks never came with a remote, and never shipped with Front Row.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Whilst that may be true, 10.5. includes Front Row by default and it's enabled for all Macs.

It sounds as though you've already done an erase & install, so hopefully that should sort out most of your issues.

You can install iLife 2006 off the original DVDs that came with your Mac if you have them, or pick up iLife 2009 for €79,- at the Apple Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Female and blonde is no excuse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Whilst that may be true, 10.5. includes Front Row by default and it's enabled for all Macs.

Whoops, guess I was wrong. I don't have any PowerPC Macs with Leopard anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.