Bootcamp with Windows 7 Beta?

Reaction score
I tried to search for this but since the 7 is to short a parameter I could not find what I was looking for.

I am wondering if anyone setup boot camp with Windows 7? I have been running it on a PC that I have and I actually like it. Not enough that I would go away from OSX, but much better then XP.

So since the PC I was playing with it on is going to a relative, I was planning on bootcamping for a few things I need for work that run on PC only.

I still have my XP license, but I was thinking of installing my windows 7 beta copy instead.

Has anyone done this? How is it working?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I have done it, but the only thing that stoped me from keeping it on my mac, was that there is no drivers as of yet for either of the NICs or audio. But it runs great.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It works fine with Boot Camp. As long as you have your Leopard DVD set to install drivers you should be OK. Install it as if it were Vista. If you do come up short with a driver for hardware, just go to the maker's web site and download the latest Vista driver.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
It works fine with Boot Camp. As long as you have your Leopard DVD set to install drivers you should be OK. Install it as if it were Vista. If you do come up short with a driver for hardware, just go to the maker's web site and download the latest Vista driver.

Regards.

I never even installed vista lol still on XP SP3. I played with Vista a lot and that was actually one of the deciding factors to switch to Mac (also the iphone helped a lot, besides all the ipods I have owned I didnt have much time with Mac since the Apple IIe).

I am glad since I actually do like 7, it will make it more fun when I have to use windows.

Reaction score
I just did the install and everything but the video camera loaded on the Windows update. After running the OSX disk, boot camp finished and now everything is installed and running.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
I am dual booting Leopard and Windows 7 with no issues. It is on a 2.0 Aluminum Macbook and everything so far is working great. There is a nice writeup over macrumors.com for installing the 64bit version if you are interested.

-Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Used it for a bit, got bored with it and delegated the space back to OSX. Nothing too groundbreaking, it's faster than Vista!

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Are any of you guys gaming on it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.