OGM Conversion.

C

Converter

Alright, first, let me state my final goal. I want to to take a bunch of ogm files I have and convert them to a format that can be burned to a DVD-R and is playable. The ogm's I guess have a video stream, two audio streams(one of which has english dialoge) which would be vorbis I'm assuming, and a subtitle stream. All I care about is having the video with the english dialoge audio.

After searching the net for quite a while I have been unable to find any adaquate explanation on exactly how to do this on Mac OS X. People keep siting a program called VirtualDubMOD but I've not found a Mac version.

Any detailed explanation would be enormously appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think fortydvd vxplus can convert that into an avi, then you can convert that into a .mov
and extract unwanted tracks in qt pro. discreet cleaner may also convert these files.

OP
C

Converter

I thank you for your reply but I actually had already tried that to no avail with ogm's. Works great for almost everything else though, just my luck. Anyway, do others have anymore ideas? I'm really desperate to find something if it isn't obvious. I mainly just want to free up my HD of all those big files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83Ghz Core Duo, 120Gb HD, 2Gb Ram, OS 10.4.11/PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, 500Gb HD
I've been looking for an answer for this too, as I have a lot of anime that I want to convert for burning to DVD. This forum post on Videohelp.com explains how you use a utility called OGMTools to 'demux' the OGM streams. This will require going into the terminal window, but it appears the process is relatively painless. You may also need the Quicktime OGG codec to convert the vorbis audio stream. After that, use FFMpegX to re-encode the file into whatever you want.

[Edit: It appears the Versiontracker site download isn't working. But the developer has it right on his site. Click here to download OGMTools from the developer's web page.]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.