keyboard shortcut moving files

Reaction score
As a new user, I try to understand the keyboard management in Leopard for my new MacBook.

I cannot find any keyboard shortcut to let me moving a bunch of files or folders to another. I'm asking an action like cut and paste (Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V) under windows. As we know, we can always select then drag them by using mouse. But it is not convenient as we need to open sometime two finders to achieve. Sometimes, we need to roam a little bit before finding the correct folder to move in or create a new one enroute. I'm not asking a command line option in a terminal. This will only be useful if I have a specific idea filter (e.g. sed) to select wanted files.

I wonder if such operation is possible. Any keyboard master? Thanks

APL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB mem 320GB HD
Hmm try,
(command-c) & (command-v) or hold command and click on what you want. I think it works for Leopard let us know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
There are keyboard shortcuts for nearly everything . . . except Cut (for files) I'm afraid.

Copy (cmd+c) and paste (cmd+v) is 'allowed' but not cut(cmd+x).

OP
N
Reaction score
sorry. we should read Ctrl-X instead of Ctrl-C in my previous post.

as we remark the corresponding Cmd-X doesn't work. that's regretful. :(

OP
N
Reaction score
i know that apple support webpage but that does not help me. in fact, as we found in the web, mac seems to purposely disable this feature.

cf.
Macworld: Cmd X doesn't work in the finder? ...
or
How to move a file up a directory? - The macosxhints Forums

some always have mouse in hand and still be use the "drag" method,

but as i said
"it is not convenient as we need to open sometime two finders to achieve. Sometimes, we need to roam a little bit before finding the correct folder to move in or create a new one en route."

some insist on keyboard and just copy and paste, but when you use time machine, it will consider it as different files and rebackup it. we shall be grateful of the idea "linked file".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.