Looking into getting an iMac. Looking for some help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone, looking to get iMAC
I am looking to get an iMac. I hoping to get hired on by a company building e-web learning pages. Everything we use is on PC. I am really not happy with how I have to reboot every couple of days while I am working. We use SwishMax 2 software to build the pages. It is windows based. I am just not sure if I should purchase a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
running windows on a mac will not change the fact that it is windows. i am not sure why you have to reboot your windows though i have never had that problem with my windows machines. sounds like you have a problem with that machine.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone, looking to get iMAC
I have a feeling it is the machine as well. I forgot to mention that I am looking to use the mac as my actual work computer. I want to be able to have seperate computers. I want to be able to have a seperate work and home computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
well you can run windows inside your mac with Vmware Fusion or Parallels but it is not how i would do it if i really had to be on windows all day. you could ge the iMac and install your windows via boot camp which comes with the iMac (Leopard) and would then allow you to choose your OS at startup. this would allow you to have a full windows without emulation and also have the OS X side.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.