Predicting the next iMac...

Reaction score
Well I read in another post somewhere here that there is a good chance the new iMacs will have new quad core processors. Also, since the new Macbooks are supporting up to 8gb ram, it is safe to say the new iMac will allow 8gb ram. So far it sounds so awesome and I wonder if the next iMac will look much different than the current gen iMac... It will probably ship with Snow Leopard too? I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Possibly a slight speed bump, with GeForce graphics.

No chance of a redesign, slim chance of quad core CPUs (an expensive option at most). Could arrive with Snow Leopard though, but we'd be talking April I think.

Reaction score
I doubt a redesign is on the way. Just look at the LED display, it looks almost exactly as the iMac.

Agree on slight speed bump with Nvidia graphics. Maybe DDR3 ram.

Quad cores? dont think so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I posted the same thread in the imac area, I think next year 2010 we will see a big change, this year not so much .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Cool. A fun distraction...

A quad core may be there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. There won't be any special speed changes that are worth the wait. I think they should offer a quad core option.

8GB of RAM capacity sounds reasonable to me. Given the wide range of market this box sells in, I expect it.

Looks will be virtually identical.

Yes it will ship with Snow Leopard, when Snow Leopard is available. Until then it will ship with Leopard, 10.5.x.

Expect a graphics system update.

So, the worth wild updates would be the graphics system, 8GB RAM capacity, and possibly a couple of extra cores.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.