Macbook Pro for university.

Reaction score
In september this year im going to be going to university to do music production and will be buying a macbook pro soon to use for the course. I just wondered if the 2.4ghz version will be good enough to last around 4 years of university whilst recording and producing music? ill also use it as a general computer so like, talking to friends online, browsing web and watching movies etc. thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
I would say it would work perfect. Pretty powerful machine and reliable. I recently bought a Macbook 2.4ghz and I love it. Works great. I would suggest getting apple care after your first year that way you know you will have a working Laptop all threw out your 4 years.

Ps: Remember to back up all you school data :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz, 4Gb Ram, 2008 white
Right now I'm running on my MacBook (not pro) 2.4GHz and I've loaded it up with 4 gigs of Ram and its lasted me a year (so far) of Uni. Excellent computer, can't beat the affordability. However I do have a suggestion for you, or rather information for you to make your judgment on.

Mac pros have better graphics, they have an actual graphics card whereas the MacBooks do not (they have integrated graphics). I've tried gaming on my boot camp partition (with games such as Combat arms, Alien vs Predator [ancient game], and AoE) and I have had trouble with combat arms being a first person shooter and demanding a lot of graphics attention, my mac would heat up and eventually die (blue screen of doom) and it would reset.

If you need the graphics and have the money, go for it. Pros are excellent. But if you want to save some money and aren't worried about intensive gaming, MacBooks are just peachy for school (movies work great too!).

Enjoy your hunting!

Cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.